1923View In Timeline
First official space for Commerce
Early on, business classes were scattered across Grounds, but in 1923, space at Old Cabell Hall was requested due to the need for permanent facilities for "computing and tabulating machines," like the ones pictured below from the Old Post Office on Pennsylvania Avenue. To say our "computing and tabulating machines" have evolved may be the understatement of the century! Space at Old Cabell was also used for periodicals and a reading room; however, faculty offices remained scattered in several locations, making the development of School spirit and identity more difficult.