What appealed to you about the M.S. in Accounting Program?
I love how the program emphasizes the development of soft skills, such as leadership, communication, and teamwork! I also think it is extremely helpful that students are given the ability to specialize in an area of accounting by choosing between one of two tracks: Financial Reporting & Assurance or Tax Consulting.
What are you looking forward to or have you enjoyed most so far in the M.S. in Accounting Program?
I am looking forward to getting to know my peers and McIntire faculty! It is nice that the M.S. in Accounting Program has smaller class sizes because that gives everyone a greater opportunity to connect with those around them.
What are your academic interests?
In addition to accounting, I am interested in learning about criminal justice, which was my minor. These were my favorite courses to take in undergrad because the topics were so fascinating! I hope to apply my interest in the law during my career in tax accounting.
What clubs and organizations were you involved with during undergrad?
I spent most of my time in undergrad working with Culverhouse LIFT (Learning Initiative and Financial Training), a program that provides free classes to members of the West Alabama community. I was also involved in Beta Alpha Psi.
What are your hobbies?
I enjoy hiking, reading, baking fun treats with my friends, and exploring new places!
Name three places on your bucket list to travel to and why.
1. Iceland: I have wanted to travel there and visit the Northern Lights for as long as I can remember.
2. Jordan: The architecture in Petra is incredible, and I think it would be surreal to see in person.
3. Thailand: Thai is one of my favorite cuisines, so I would love to visit and try various street foods.
What is your favorite restaurant, coffee shop, or place to visit in Charlottesville?
MarieBette! They have a wide selection of pastries that are all delicious.
- Undergraduate Degree Accounting
- Undergraduate Institution The University of Alabama
- Hometown Orange County, CA
- Related Links Contact Sophia