We know this semester has been challenging, and we encourage all students who have a interest in undergraduate business to apply to the Commerce School.
With the University’s options for grading this semester, here are some notes and reminders about the Commerce admissions process:
- Students need credit for all prerequisites courses and a minimum of 54 credits to enroll in the B.S. in Commerce Program if offered admission. Letter grades and CR/GC options will satisfy these requirements.
- Submitting coursework CR/GC/NC will not keep an applicant from being considered or admitted.
- The Admission Committee will conduct a holistic review of each application and comprehensively consider every aspect of an application.
- When evaluating academic performance, graded coursework provides additional details for the committee to consider. Any coursework taken for CR/GC will not only meet credit and completion requirements, but will also be reviewed as part of the committee’s overall application review.
- Context is always an important part of an applicant’s story, and there is an opportunity in the application to share anything with the committee that helps to put your grading choices in a more detailed context. If events from this semester have created hardship or extenuating circumstances, applicants are encouraged to provide these details for the committee.
- Your application will be reviewed holistically by an Admission Committee that is aware of the difficult context of this semester, and the application contains additional questions in hopes that you will provide insights into your circumstances.
The Undergraduate Admission team is here to provide one-on-one guidance and encourages you to connect with us early and often. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Office of Undergraduate Admission at CommerceAdmissions@virginia.edu or call 434-924-3865.