Welcome to UVA! We look forward to working with you as you explore your educational path and consider the opportunities McIntire has to offer.
Here are a few things to keep in mind as you select courses for your fall semester:
Build a liberal arts foundation.
- Select courses that interest and challenge you from many different subject areas.
- Take a full course load (14-16 credits).
- Stay on track with the College of Arts & Sciences requirements.
- Explore a backup major.
Begin working on the prerequisites.
- Review the difference in Calculus courses.
- We do not recommend taking more than two quantitative courses in one semester.
- Complete prerequisites before matriculation if offered admission, not by the time of application.
- Students with last names beginning with A-K enroll in the First Writing Requirement in the fall and COMM 1800 in the spring.
- Students with last names beginning with L-Z enroll in COMM 1800 in the fall and the First Writing Requirement in the spring.
- If you already have credit for some of the prerequisites, go deeper in the subject area if that interests you, take the opportunity to explore other fields of study, or take courses toward a second major.
When the fall semester starts, get engaged outside the classroom.
- Participate in activities that interest you; they do not need to be Commerce related.